||2 Second Peak (Kts)||5 x 10 Second Average (Kts)||1 Hour (Kts)||Alpha Racing 500m (Kts)||Nautical Mile (Kts)||Distance Travelled (km) |
|Peter Daish (oversize Bogan)|
|Captain bogan |
|Adopted Bogan (KJ)|
|Parafield Cluster Bogan|
|Tricky Bogan (18619km): |
Whoot that was a great work out, even in a shity gusty westerly Rigged the Loft RB 7 & 32 leassacher weedie in the CA SL 101 but could get get to the wind line so Slapped a 36 Weedie in the CA SL 120 got out to the wind line & was just not feeling it struggled with the combo & decided that it was not working so called it quits & headded in. Was going to pack up but Hoppy was blasting back'n'forth having a great time.
So slapped the rig on the 101 & had another go to get to the wind line as it seemed to picked up a tad. Much better balance, now I started to enjoy myself. as the tide was getting high I didnt was to be caught out on the off shore shitty westerly called it quits while I was having fun.
I did get Hoppy down on faulst pretences as I said I was going to share a corona with him but as it was cold I left them in the fridge. a quick packup & no kiss goodbye headded home
|3/4 Bogan (23554km): |
Stansbury WSW fluffy gusty- superman gusty
FF102,GPS6.6, 27choco weedy
Was not looking promising as i rigged but floated out on the Westerly to wait for some action. I was practicing Social Distancing, making sure i did not come within 1 and a half meters between me and the sea birds.
The gusts started to link up and i got going nicely. As the wind increased to 20-25+ i headed over to the jetty area and back onto the spit. Any observers around can clearly see the speed of the slalom gear when this angle is sailed. Was hooting man. No one around though. Tricky was wrestling the toilet door and i have never heard him speak a swear word, however, i am sure there were some swear words in his head as he sailed in to get the CA101 for some control. Soon, it was starting to chop up and we decided to quit before the wind dies out, still maintaining the social distancing requirements.
Packed up in warm sunshine which was in stark contrast to the rain i rigged in. 4 seasons in one day.
Great to sail with Tricky today
|Jimbob (26373km): |
LG out the spit, WSW 20 to 30. rain squalls where cranking and nice seet runs in between,
Isonic 101, 25 vector weedy, 5.7 KAS.
Bloody cold today 12 degrees, just Bogan crew today plus chris D.
great setup just the Squalls where way way to much for the 101 but the 5.7 KA Speed done it easy, before I would have had to change down for sure. full on wind could just power through the weed on top even with the 25 45 degree weedy.
need to be on the 70 litre and grow balls.
done a 37 just sailing out on my first run.
last day off daylight savings so my season is over
of the water at 2.30m just one session withoutstopping was eniugh for this old fella.
some way bigger speeds than mine going down well done Bogans.
|Peter Daish (oversize Bogan) (12078km): |
Boggy Lake, SA, AU
95L mistral 55cm speed with 7.0 R8 15 to 25/28 knots. crazy gusty, choppy , shitty Boggy at its worst.
..but Im thankful I can get out and sail and get wet , fun time with Rob, plus watching the others get catapulted was a highlight,
|NeedSpeedStash (1706km): |
|Full Bogan (37265km): |
Beachport trip with the boys.
Cheers daishy for the loan of the 19 black projects fin.
Sailed the 6.3 on the carbon art 55 wide 91 ltr
Fun day but not the wind we hoped for but all good as the glass sailing was sweet.
|Captain bogan (38841km): |
Lake George, SA, AU 20 to 25 w sw
Fun arvo with a number of bogans. Not quite the forecast we hoped for but fun tried a 16cm xt50 delta - great fin not quite 40 but happy cruising around in glass and not touching😊.
Patrik 87 / 5.6m gun sails gsr / xt50 16cm.
|Sellicks Bogan (5432km): |
Snuck down to Lake George for a quick squirt 1.5 mtrs from all at Lake George, SA, AU. used the 96 Isonic, 6.2 Reflex and 18 MUF. probably underdone 40% of the time but perservered. the other 60% was from balistic to fair :-). good to see a few gguys with great numbers. good stuff.
|Caddy Bogan (1594km): |
Tested out my new 79L falcon and xt-50 18cm fin sail was simmer 5.8.
Was great fun smashing through the big weed monster. New board flew a long and made the PB feel easy.