|Ricey (10121km): |
Pelican Point, WA, AU
Went to Melville, had a good chat to Boz about safety and insurance but could see the wind was both very light and off shore. so drove around to PPoint where it was sailable S Easterly. The talk this side was about safety as well.
wind light and variable, but got planing most of the time.
125 Rocket, Turbo 7.5, 33 sw
|Gustenzo (2220km): |
Hoped for a cruisey sail at Safety bay to save myself for tomrorrow. Arrived about 2 and waited a while, looking like the wind wasn't going to play ball, I rigged a 6.5 and hoped I could get going. After my first tack wind came howling in and I was well overpowerd almost going into survival style, not comfy. Didn't really have enought time to re-rig smaller sail but it would have been nice. Just a short session to keep rested.
96 Supercross 6.5 Gator 31 Weed Carlisle St, Safety Bay, WA, AU
|Lunny (41807km): |
Safety Bay, WA, AU
Was pretty ordinary with lots of floating until 330 when it booted in nicely. Took a gamble going to the Pond with the usual clowns doing their
"Fully sik boosting" without looking if anyone is likely to get knocked on the head
The Windtech 64 delivered nicely again with the best alpha, 2sec & 5x10 so far. You can really lean hard into a gybe with these paired with the tribal weedspeeds.
Get well soon Neil and keep tweaking these beasts!
Windtech 64/112, SV Mach2 7.0, Tribal ws 29
|Woody-Mark (7873km): |
Coodanup, WA, AU
Packed the Van with small boards expecting the forecast to be accurate. Could'nt have been more wrong. Spent 10km scraping the bottom trying to get planning. More fun chatting with Pacey, Fanngy and Roger. Manta 61 Vapor 7.1 wp 25
|Pointman (17795km): |
Cottesloe, WA, AU
Short sharp sesh at Dutchies in a solid 20-25K, with some mental chop and swell to contend with. I initially went past Peli, but faced with a fluffy 15K SSE I kept driving to the coast.
Rigged the M112 + 7.0 TR9 + 33 Tribal WS, which was the smallest gear I had. Spewing I didn't pack the 90 Gladiator, which would have been in its element today.
Pretty hectic out there. Impossible to keep the board on the deck heading out, I was getting launched every 10-20 metres, coming back in was a bit more manageable, and that was where I got my best speeds.
I called it after half an hour, but then it looked like it had backed off a bit (it hadn't), so I went back out for another crack.
Good, crazy fun, but I wish I'd packed the small board then I could've really sent it.